Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bashayer second Country..!



Bashayer Al-Zaidi -Canada
Entrepreneurship and Innovation

She is Married













What was the hardest obstacle you faced while decorating the apartment?
Utilizing small spaces was a challenge as the interior space of my apartment is only 995 square feet! Also, being on a student budget put a limit on how far I could go with my imagination! 


?Did you use the help of a professional interior designer
No, I haven't.

?Does your apartment reflects your personality
I'm a minimalist by nature and I think that reflects on my home and my choice of furnishings. 

?What inspired you to decorate your apartment
Lurking around furniture stores on weekends and frequently flipping through interior design magazines in book stores have given me tons of ideas! 

?where did you buy your decor and furniture from 
Ikea, pier 1 import, and lofty living. 

Does the expensive furniture attract you as it is commonly known for its quality and luxury , or do you care more for the  beauty of it 
?regardless of the price tag and why
For large piece furniture, I'd like to stay on a budget. For small items such as table lamps or accents, I tend to splurge a bit - it sometimes gives that false sense of a high-end room as people enter the space, at least I'd like to believe so.

What would you give as an advice to person with a low income that wants to decorate their house?
Furnish in stages - you'll be able to take advantage of future price discounts and sales. Also, check the as-is section in Ikea, they've got great deals on floor furniture all year round

1 comment: